You can get in touch with us through our forum
- Get HOTGLUE distribution archive. Link to the newest version is always available on the front page
. You can find previous and experimental versions in our download repository
. If you are interested in the developers version you can clone our github branch - see get source
- Upload all files to your web-server. You can place HOTGLUE directly into "document root", e.g. /home/user/www
or a subdirectory /home/user/www/hotglue
- Make sure that content
directory (inside your installation directory) is writable, i.e. has 0777 permissions set recursively; e.g. on GNU/Linux run:
chmod -R 0777 content
inside your installation directory where you just copied the files to. If you are using graphical SFTP client or web control-panel look for an option to change directory permissions to 777 or RW-RW-RW, recursively.
- It is recommended that you create a user-config.inc.php
file where you can overwrite the settings defined in config.inc.php
(just copy the needed definitions). user-config.inc.php
file will not get overwritten by future updates.
- Make sure that you at least set 'AUTH_PASSWORD' in config.inc.php
) to a non-default value.
- (optional) If your web-server supports mod_rewrite
and you want to use short ("pretty") URLs for your HOTGLUE pages rename htaccess-dist
file to .htaccess
(note the leading "dot"!); e.g. on GNU/Linux run:
mv htaccess-dist .htaccess
- If on your web-server PHP is installed as (Fast-)CGI binary (rather then a standard mod_php), installing the .htaccess file is mandatory (see known issues section in README
- Open the URL of your HOTGLUE installation in a web-browser and add "?edit" to the address (e.g. http://myserver.com/hotglue/?edit) to start editing. If you are using the optional .htaccess file you can also start editing by just adding "edit" (e.g. http://myserver.com/hotglue/edit).
When in doubt refer to INSTALL
file available in every distribution!